Skip to main content

WHAT TO DO WHEN NOT WORKING

How do you survive unemployment? One day you are working and the next week you are not for whatever reason. Are you ever prepared for those days? Don’t you just wish there was a manual for it?


During this time, it is really easy to panic and feel emotionally distraught especially when you hear news reports of national and global unemployment statistics as well as redundancy stories.

In my opinion, society makes us feel lost, depressed, embarrassed, anxious, worried and drawn to substances that are not good for us such as alcohol, drugs and smoking.

Do not fall for the way society makes you feel. Unemployment is a global phenomenon that governments are not fully tackling especially with the growth in the technology sector taking away previous manual labor jobs.

Don’t feel guilty for the way economies are heading. Instead, change the way you think about it and focus on your own long-term goals.

There is no such thing as perfect happiness as the media may fool you into thinking but there is such a thing as striving for a positive goal and allowing ourselves to be content with what we have while on that journey.

What would you say to a friend who lost their job? Would you call them an idiot? No, because everyone has been there at some stage in life.

Come up with a daily unemployment routine (see my last post) and with daily persistence you can conquer small or large goals that will eventually get you to where you want to be in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UNEMPLOYED, BORED AND FEELING DEPRESSED

A couple of months ago, I googled  ‘unemployed and bored’ because my head was about to melt off from doing absolutely nothing at home.  Subsequently, I found a couple of blogs so I thought I would do something similar. I was so depressed about being unemployed and was ashamed of my circumstances even though I knew it was not my fault. Being out of work is something that everyone will have to face at some point during their life and there are ways to get through it. Believe me I have been there. After graduating, about a third of my class emigrated overseas to look for work.  This was not for me so I went back to college to study for a Masters.  After I graduated again, I was in and out of work like a yo-yo doing different internships and so on trying to gain experience. I suffered a lot in the process but I learned a lot about myself during that time.   So, from my experiences, I thought I would share some of my tips for being unemployed that may be helpful

WHAT DO I REALLY WANT

What do I want in life?  Click the picture below to watch the must see video for all teachers and students... CLICK HERE

THINGS THAT WILL MAKE YOU SMILE

When we are feeling down there are a few little tricks to help you smile again.  Below are my top tips for for giving yourself some instant highs and r emember laughing is contagious.  1. Youtube have the best round-ups of TV news bloopers and funny animal videos that are always a guaranteed laugh. 2. Baking cakes is said to be a great way to beat the blues. Just ask writer Marian Keyes. She said it was the best way for her to beat depression... 3. Lets pump it, one two three four and lift... Exercise!! Yes for some people the thoughts of exercise makes them squirm but you feel great afterwards. I think the sweat in your body is just dying to escape so let it free. 3. Renting a comedy, going to a gig or heading to the cinema can be uplifting, why well because as I said... "Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict. Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance